The Couch

he shall reign over all the earth
song of praise

Comments on he shall reign over all the earth

SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
Posted 05/27/15 - 1:21 PM:
Subject: he shall reign over all the earth
https://youtu.be/N2fQEochO8c
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
Posted 06/20/16 - 11:18 AM:

Hi, SUNGLIGHT.

This one is more in style. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqCccV6Y31s
SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
Posted 06/23/16 - 4:57 PM:

hello attikake......well TRUE WORSHIP of JESUS can never go out style but every age of worldly style comes into fashion and goes out of fashion ..hope you are well *peace*
SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
Posted 06/23/16 - 5:08 PM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUczyddekTQ
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
Posted 06/26/16 - 7:07 PM:

OK, well there, SUNLIGHT... what sort of religion do you practice? Obviously you support "JESUS" as evident in your incessant pro-Jesus canvasing. I'm asking because I'm curious, do you practice Messianic Judiasm, like the artist in the above mentioned YouTube video/Jesus song? Let's hear all about it! smiling face

Are you into aliens, too? Sometimes I think I'm into aliens, and then other times, not really. Maybe I just need to experiment with some tolerant and like-minded alien believers and see if the feeling is better than the experiences I have with rational non-believers. I think it's cool that you're able to express your beliefs directly in the open, regardless of the fact that they're extremely unpopular (and regardless even more, to do this despite how good any counter-evidence is/could be). Besides, suppose they might be the most popular belief, it's hard to even know with all this really good arguing happening. Wow, right?! <3
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
Posted 06/26/16 - 7:24 PM:

SUNLIGHT wrote:
hello attikake......well TRUE WORSHIP of JESUS can never go out style but every age of worldly style comes into fashion and goes out of fashion ..hope you are well peace

I think it's just so sweet that you're still chatting on forums about Jesus and aliens, after all these years. When I think of a really good believer, of anything... someone who is totally into a belief... it's ones like you appear to be. Not the fakes who are just a "flavor of the week" follower, or the simple "buy into it" type of cheap fanatic. The genuine faithful, who is online posting "JESUS!" and "ALIENS!" for years and years, posting on forums, convincing people to change their beliefs to ones like yours, is really cool. It gives me this feeling in my tummy like... aww, and I feel sweet like I'm being hugged, but in a "fun" way. smiling face

Ahhh.
blush
thedoc
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Sep 15, 2011

Total Topics: 41
Total Comments: 982
Avatar thedoc
Posted 06/27/16 - 11:52 PM:

PattieKake wrote:
Hi, SUNGLIGHT.

This one is more in style. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqCccV6Y31s


PattieKake, it's good to see that you are getting along with sunlight, and after watching part of your video, did you ever see Jesus Christ Superstar? I have been butting heads with Sunlight from before we both joined this forum, so I think I know a little about him. I will be interested to read your exchanges with him.
SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
Posted 06/28/16 - 8:06 AM:

QUOTE PATTIKAKE ....

" Let's hear all about it!" ..

Hi patti zen could i first ask you simple question if it is okay with you . so i WILL know how to proceed .

do you belive in GOD , JESUS and the BIBLE ?zen

HOPE YOU ARE WELL thumb up

SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
Posted 06/28/16 - 8:32 AM:
Subject: BUTTING HEADS
thedoc wrote:


PattieKake, it's good to see that you are getting along with sunlight, and after watching part of your video, did you ever see Jesus Christ Superstar? I have been butting heads with Sunlight from before we both joined this forum, so I think I know a little about him. I will be interested to read your exchanges with him.
.

Hi doc how are you ? hope you are well thumb up

butting heads ? well my star sign is Capricorn the goat doc so maybe that has something to do with it nod

its a long time since we had a female on the forum doc apart from LIB perhaps its a welcome change of fresh air what do you think ?zen
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/21/16 - 8:15 PM:

thedoc wrote:


PattieKake, it's good to see that you are getting along with sunlight, and after watching part of your video, did you ever see Jesus Christ Superstar? I have been butting heads with Sunlight from before we both joined this forum, so I think I know a little about him. I will be interested to read your exchanges with him.


Yes, I've seen it, the film version... years ago. There was this nun running my Sunday school classes and she was trying to reach out and be hip so she made us watch it on a retro-VHS player. She was trying to be cool but kids know bullshit when they see it... and she just ended up alienating everyone anyway. The VHS player was that type the top loading cassettes to give you a time frame.

Anyway... be kind (like Jesus) and rewind back to 1970, and I think about the timing of the production is in line with the hippie movement... once having been counterculture, then going mainstream is really funny. What is funny about it, is the fact that popular American society (mainstream) is also just about usurping fringe ideas and how they get absorbed into pop (cult)ure. Leave it to Hollywood to take a movement supporting change and annihilating it with a bunch of pop-fandom. Cool! Jesus Christ Super (Rock-Opera) Star.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch is better and makes the same point-- as far as the parallels between rock 'n' roll and Christ. Trannies are really in style these days. Now even decathlon winning jocks are into it. Before you know it, in another generation, it'll be cool to stick to a binary gender and everyone will call it edgey. I can hardly wait.

Anyway-- doc, just guessing how old you are... but did you fight in 'Nam? Were you too old? Dodge the draft? Shoot bullets at strangers? Were you too young?
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/21/16 - 8:22 PM:

SUNLIGHT wrote:
Hi patti zen could i first ask you simple question if it is okay with you . so i WILL know how to proceed .

do you belive in GOD , JESUS and the BIBLE ?zen

HOPE YOU ARE WELL thumb up


Hi Sonny.

Believing in God, Jesus and/or the Bible depends on the reasons and what you're pitching... in what sense do I "believe" in them? Like, be more clear, "believe" is vague as far as your question goes so far.

Maybe you should tell me what you believe and I can yay or nay say to help you clarify and tell me what the deal is. Does that work for you?
SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/22/16 - 11:13 AM:
Subject: CLARITY
Pattie
you ask me what i believe in ....i think being here in this foreum for numerous years and posting hundreds of posts with countless references to bible scripture would make ir clear to any discerning person what i believe ...you said make it more clear

ok i will try and make it as simple as i can so you can understand me me zen

i believe there is a supreme being that some call GOD in a place that many call HEAVEN at he has a son called JESUS who died for humanity on the cross so that whoever believes in him can havea ci and millions of others believe hance of everlasting life.

i and millions of others believe that tge BIBLE is GODS revelton to mankind showing them of GODS plan for salvation for mankind ..


i have given my beliefs Pattie are you going to give us your beliefs zen

looking forward to receiving a reply hiopefully soon ...have a good day nod
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/22/16 - 3:39 PM:

SUNLIGHT wrote:
Pattie
you ask me what i believe in ....i think being here in this foreum for numerous years and posting hundreds of posts with countless references to bible scripture would make ir clear to any discerning person what i believe ...you said make it more clear

ok i will try and make it as simple as i can so you can understand me me zen

That logic doesn't necessary explain itself clearly. The issue here is that yes: I see you copy and paste scripture quotes all over the forum. It seems that you just paste some lines that may seem relevant to you and then use them as justification and lack reasonable explanation. I think it works in the same way open-ended language in horoscope readings makes generalizations that are so vague, one can try to creatively make sense of something, because it's ultimately dubious.

The problem is especially inherent when you use a scripture/Bible quote and then your own language/justifications don't usually make the connection between the two clear. This is to say that you don't use the scripture and link it coherently with the point at hand. For instance, if one reads a post on the forum, then is reminded of some Bible quote they think has a resemblance to the topic at hand, then passes it off as some kind of valid reasoning. This method is problematic since the linkage and justification you provide as a poster is unsound.

One way to describe your method's inaccuracy is you explain what and that you believe, and never really explain why you believe such claims.

I'll use your post here as an example:

SUNLIGHT wrote:
i believe there is a supreme being that some call GOD in a place that many call HEAVEN at he has a son called JESUS who died for humanity on the cross so that whoever believes in him can havea ci and millions of others believe hance of everlasting life.

i and millions of others believe that tge BIBLE is GODS revelton to mankind showing them of GODS plan for salvation for mankind ..

These are just statements. The language doesn't clarify anything about why. What have you experienced, and what reasoning substantiates your claims and backs-up your belief? Are these even based on something, or just because... you say so? Or is the illuminating light so bright that it blinds the ability to accept errors? I'm asking these questions as a form of suggestion to aid you in actual clarification. Please refrain from continuing the above errors as described, that would be cool and help me respond with what I believe, you might be trying to get at, but I really don't know what your justification is.

SUNLIGHT wrote:
i have given my beliefs Pattie are you going to give us your beliefs zen

looking forward to receiving a reply hiopefully soon ...have a good day nod

What I believe about reading your post is that it sounds to me you believe in God because you want something. You want a secure afterlife... maybe, because you're afraid and can't prove it? If you die and find out, you can't come back if you're wrong, and can't relay the message anyway. You know, some people want riches and many luxury items, so they believe in working jobs and living their lives in such a way to "earn" some kind of not yet achieved riches on the basis of desire and want... maybe to alleviate the fact that they need a remedy to pointlessness? Either way, it's still based on what you don't have which may suggest that you're not content with life as it is, in itself. In this case you're driven to believe in something because of what you want as a source of fulfillment, based on what you currently haven't got. This expenditure, in the case of the material seeking, is similar to what you describe is/are your reasons for expending your energy (time, resources) to get your desires met. You want it, pretty badly, it seems.

Sometimes I wonder if people should just be more straight-forward with God and/or Jesus (or whoever) and say, "Dear God/Jesus. Bless me because I want more stuff. I want ease from my pain, give it to me, please. I want this, I want that, give me this, give me that. I'm praying for it, you're so good, you're so beautiful, you're the best, the greatest." When we do this to other people, we call it (colloquially) "ass-kissing" or, "stroking [their] ego."

Maybe God is a narcissist and wants everyone to ceaselessly praise him? While this may be one of many interpretations, maybe that is part of the point of all the Biblical literature. The nearly infinite perspectives are inherently reflective of human desires... or what may also be considered petty human wants based on an extant lacking in the present.

It could be that people tend to project their hidden desires and fears on the unknown, and the reason people subscribe to sucking up to what they can't explain... to think that God is on the same level as you and that his desire is to have people worship him, sounds pretty vain in my opinion.

Maybe you're familiar with Pascal's Wager? If not, here I'll briefly describe it in reference as the central idea in the dichotomy: you believe in God, or don't believe in God. This idea, is that you're betting (gambling) on whether or not investing your free will into a belief system (religion in this case) is that... if you don't believe in God, and you're wrong... then you're not going to Heaven. The other side of the bet, is the "safer" bet, in that if you believe in God's existence, and your religion's promises of a good afterlife might come true, then you're covered (like insurance) when you die, since if you're wrong (like if you picked the wrong religion or are atheist, whatever) then you're no worse off than if you didn't believe in the first place.

So what I believe is that you're gambling your life on that there is a Heaven, because you want what you don't currently have. You don't have a blissful afterlife right now, because you're still alive.

Edited by PattieKake on 07/22/16 - 3:49 PM
SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/22/16 - 5:26 PM:

quote Pattie :you dont haveva blissful life right now ..

take a good look at the world around you patti , doesanyone have a blissful life right now , and if you understand the way the world is progressing do you think anyone on this planet is going to have a blissful life right now ....
quote "
Maybe you're familiar with Pascal's Wager?...........

Maybe you YOU arfamiliar with JESUS CHRIST zen

you may point to the writings of wagner to back up your beliefs and i may point to the teachings of JESUS to back up my beliefs
so what does that prove , h m m ?...you believe that what you say is correct and i and millions of christians believe that what we believe in is correct ....so what will decid e who is correct
TIME nod
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/23/16 - 10:56 AM:

Sun,

A joke for ya...

What do you call it when a busload of well-intentioned buttinskys (armchair psycho-analysts) goes flyin' over a cliff edge and ends up burning and smashed in the ravine at the bottom?

A good start.

BA DUM BUMP CHSSS!

SUNLIGHT
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Location: united kingdom

Total Topics: 64
Total Comments: 931
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/24/16 - 3:49 AM:

very true henry sir,sad but true and what a waste of minds that could have been used to tell it as it is and not as their worldly trained minds think it is ..strange thing henry although we are far apart in our belefs yet i get a feeling of security knowing YOU are there lurking inthe dark observing and waiting to pounce he he he zen have a good sunday henry . thumb up
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/25/16 - 12:26 PM:

Has less to do with worldly training and more to do with garden-variety nutjobbery, I think.
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/27/16 - 7:25 PM:

SUNLIGHT wrote:
so what does that prove , h m m ?...you believe that what you say is correct and i and millions of christians believe that what we believe in is correct ....so what will decid e who is correct
TIME nod


From my perspective, I'm certain you're in a cult. This is not a positive nor negative judgment of the beliefs of your group ("millions" is still a group in terms of world population) it's just an observation. It's always interesting to see people willing to surrender the same free will that God gave them and throw it right back in his face at the cost of their ungrateful irresponsibility and apparent refusal to take their ability to decide for themselves and not even try to use it ethically. Eww.
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 8:50 AM:

Well, Sun, you're a cultist, you've tossed away your free will, you're ungrateful, irresponsible, and you probably kick dogs and old people just for the hell of it.

Such an assessment, based on so little information...I believe that's called 'projection'.
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 12:53 PM:

henry quirk wrote:
Well, Sun, you're a cultist, you've tossed away your free will, you're ungrateful, irresponsible, and you probably kick dogs and old people just for the hell of it.

While this is possibly true, these deductions don't necessarily follow other premises in the thread, and the likelihood is low. I would like to clarify that my use of the term "cult" may be unjust, but instead a better term would be New Religious Movement (NRM). My apologies, Sunlight, for using a term that may be inaccurate and biased. Nevertheless, based on Sunlight's other posts, and referencing Wikipedia on NRMs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_religious_movement), I think this term may fit better and replacing the term "cult" with "NRM" may aid us in a better discussion. Also, making ad hominem deductions is another logical fallacy, it's inaccurate to draw an assumption that just because one may be a cult member or a NRM member, this doesn't necessarily imply abuse or mistreatment of animals.

henry quirk wrote:
Such an assessment, based on so little information...I believe that's called 'projection'.

I disagree, and believe you may have misused this term, "projection." A key component to psychological projection is blame shifting. Unless you can help point out where there is blame, or can distinguish from what post/language you experienced that led you to such a conclusion, it remains unsupported and without evidence.

I would like you to clarify with examples, this is a good way to grow and improve. For instance, if you can help detect that there are any instances of projection you see (for instance, in my posting content) I can say I'll appreciate this (despite discomfort) and would benefit from having these brought to my attention! wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

A term that may be more applicable in this case: it's possible you may be referring to "displacement" (here we'll continue to use psychology jargon, since you've initiated it.) An example you and I may personally reference can be seen in the exchange of personal messages we shared, the one where you attempted to solicit a picture of my "bush" [sic.] through private message.

In our conversation, you propositioned me for naked photos without precedent. My reply featured a critique of your online identity, and personal observations of the online content you've contributed to this website. In this case I also made observations based on what was available. After which, I critiqued the plethora of text based content you've provided on this forum. (As of now you've some 1200+ posts, which is a lot, and the amount of dedication is appreciated.) I'll happily reiterate the details for your, or anyone else's clarity.

Needless to say, after my direct and clear reply, you got rejected.

Since you've already misused technical terms from the field of psychology, may I hereby cite a common source for further logical/philosophical support.

Wikipedia entry on Displacement (Psychology) wrote:
A term originating with Sigmund Freud,[2] displacement operates in the mind unconsciously, its transference of emotions, ideas, or wishes being most often used to allay anxiety in the face of aggressive or sexual impulses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_(psychology)

In our personal discussion, I stated my boundaries that I would send you a photo of myself if and only if you also sent me a photo. At this juncture, you delayed (chickened out) to which I suggested there are myriad sites on the Internet where you can find naked photos of women, as an alternative to your solicitation. My suggestion was to try google.com and go from there if that's something you were looking for.

Yes, I'm guessing it embarrassing to get shut down when you are met with such obvious logic in a failed approach, hence your last two posts in this thread indirectly citing (and incorrectly) referencing psychology as a field and its terms.

Personally, I like psychology as one of many tools used for analysis. Other methods include (post)structuralism, and Marxist critical analysis, also helpful in discourse looking for philosophical discussion, interpreting art, literature, cinema, people, cultures, whatever else.

hug

Edited by PattieKake on 07/29/16 - 1:06 PM. Reason: Spelling, formatting
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 1:08 PM:

"you propositioned me for naked photos without precedent"

Damned straight I did...I figured if Doc was gonna get him some, then so was I...*shrug*.

#

"I like psychology as one of many tools used for analysis"


Witchdoctory...as you like.

#

The rest of your post: a whole lotta words not sayin' much of anything at all.
PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#22 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 1:23 PM:

henry quirk wrote:
"you propositioned me for naked photos without precedent"

Damned straight I did...I figured if Doc was gonna get him some, then so was I...*shrug*.

Honesty is a good thing, I did (and still do) acknowledge your ability to own this and be parallel in your arguments, however you tend to omit responding to posts with valid counter-arguments to your otherwise dismissive defenses.

henry quirk wrote:
Witchdoctory...as you like.

"They condemn what they don't understand" is a Latin language maxim that helps explain this sentiment. Even if one doesn't agree with a practice, your apparent lacking in psychological analysis (also, not just used in "medical" practice, but as an analytical discipline along critical theory theory schools of philosophical interpretation) is lacking, and your misuse of "projection" further validates these observations.

henry quirk wrote:
The rest of your post: a whole lotta words not sayin' much of anything at all.

Projection, case in point. In my original reply to your asking for nude photos of me, one of my main criticisms was that your posts are "vacuous," "inane" and "caustic."

By they way, I like how you say "lotta" and "not sayin'" types of stuff in your posts, it reminds me of when I'm watching YouTube videos for rap music and all the comments are styling like, "yo what up, nah what im sayin homie." Cool. wink
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#23 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 1:31 PM:

"you tend to omit responding to posts with valid counter-arguments"

Cuz I see no need to.

#

"They condemn what they don't understand"...helps explain this sentiment."

Here's another: non serviam

PattieKake
Junior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Jun 17, 2016

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 57
#24 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 1:41 PM:

henry quirk wrote:
"you tend to omit responding to posts with valid counter-arguments"

Cuz I see no need to.

This is a pretty good tactic, when I think about its benefits, it seems to mostly just help you, and no other poster as it avoids validation and can therefore inhibit more developed discussion.

henry quirk wrote:

PattieKake wrote:
"They condemn what they don't understand"...helps explain this sentiment."

Here's another: non serviam

This is a cool quote, I really like it. If this is something you personally abide by (like a mantra, maybe) does that include yourself?
henry quirk
Senior Member
Avatar

Usergroup: Members
Joined: Apr 17, 2008
Location: here

Total Topics: 47
Total Comments: 1298
#25 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 07/29/16 - 2:05 PM:

meh

---

EDIT: that 'meh' is not fair, I know, but -- meh -- I don't care enough to care.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5



Sorry, you don't have permission . Log in, or register if you haven't yet.



Acknowledgements:

Couch logo design by Midnight_Monk. The photo hanging above the couch was taken by Paul.

Powered by WSN Forum. Free smileys here.
Special thanks to Maria Cristina, Jesse , Echolist Directory, The Star Online,
Hosting Free Webs, and dmoz.org for referring visitors to this site!

Copyright notice:

Except where noted otherwise, copyright belongs to respective authors
for artwork, photography and text posted in this forum.